BISHOP SCOTT BOYS’ SCHOOL
(Affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi) Affiliation No.: 330726
School Campus: Chainpur, Jaganpura, By-Pass, Patna 804453.
Phone Number: 7061717782, 9798903550. ,
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare-SOP for partial re-opening of Schools for the students of Grade-IX to XII on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers: In the context of COVID-19
(In continuation with letter No-1586 dated 22/09/2020-Education Dept., Govt. of Bihar)
Government of India is following a phase-wise unlocking of activities. In days to come, this would also involve partial resumption of activities in schools for students of classes 9th to 12th on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers. This would be allowed from 28.09.2020.
As per the Standard Operating Procedures released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for reopening of schools, effective from 28.09.2020 as further notification from Education Dept., Govt. of Bihar, students of class IXonwards would be allowed to visit school on “voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers.”This will be subject to written consent of their parents or guardians.Such visits and teacher – student interaction must be organized in a staggered manner.
Online/distance learning shall continue and will be encouraged.Students from class 9th to 12th will have the option of attending the classes remotely/virtually or physically only on a voluntary basis for guidance from their teachers subject to written permission from their parents / guardian.
This SOP outlines various generic precautionary measures to be adopted in addition to specific measures to be taken when schools are permitting students (for class 9th to 12th) in the specific context.The generic preventive measures include simple public health measures that are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19. These measures need to be observed by all (teachers, employees and students) in these places at all times
SOP to be followed by students/teachers/employees at schools:
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- The teaching faculty will ensure that they themselves and students wear masks throughout the conduct of the teaching/guidance activities.
- Sharing of items like notebook, pens/pencil, eraser, water bottle etc. amongst students should not be allowed.
- Cafeteria/mess facility, if any within the premises, shall remain closed.
- A proper physical distancing, sanitization of buses/other transport vehicles (with 1% sodium hypochlorite) to be done on a regular basis.
- Daily cleaning of the floors to be done extensively.
- Provision of soap in toilets and hand sanitizers in other common areas in sufficient quantity to be ensured.
- Students and employees should dispose of used face covers / masks in separate covered bins placed in classrooms, work stations and other common areas.
- For ensuring queue management, inside and outside the premises, specific markings on the floor with a gap of 6 feet will be made. Similarly, physical distancing shall also be maintained in staff rooms, office areas (including reception area), and other places (mess, libraries, cafeterias, etc.)
- Entrance will have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions. Multiple gates/separate gates, will be used for entry and exit.
- Entry of visitors will be strictly regulated/restricted.
- Teaching materials, computers, laptops, printers, will be disinfected with 70% alcohol wipes.
- If a student, teacher or employee is sick, they should not come to the school and follow necessary protocols in this regard.
- Deep cleaning of all drinking and hand washing stations, washrooms and lavatories will be ensured
- Google Consent Form for Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
- You are requested to fill the consent form as the same being sent to you in the form of Google form through WhatsApp/Message/Mobile App Notification and submit it before 25/09/2020.
- It will be completely on a voluntary basis and is not mandatory at all for the students to report to school, where more of doubt sessions will be conducted and the online classes will continue as per the schedule.
- The students need to specify the subjects for which they need to come down to school in the Google Form attached.
- The Parents need to give an undertaking pertaining to conditions for COVID-19 as well as a declaration for the same.
- The students need not to carry any gadget as it is a complete offline mode of class.
- Depending upon the consent received, the time table will be posted to you later.
- For any issues or doubts please refer to WhatsApp Group Admin/HR Teachers/School Office.
Team BSBS, Patna.
Google form for Consent is attached below:
Please click on the link given below: